Merlin is the culmination of an ambitious project to produce a powerful, rugged followspot for the touring market. Designed to complement Robert Juliat’s Grand, Compact and Ultra-Compact ranges, Merlin is the result of in-depth consultation with rental companies, lighting designers and professional followspot operators.
With an output that belies its 2500W HMI lamp and a massive 3°-12° beam range, Merlin covers both long and medium throw ranges in one unit.
Merlin delivers a performance that outshines the ever-increasing power of LED lighting and videowall backlighting, while newly designed bodywork ensures Merlin is easy to transport, install and maintain, tough enough for the road and supremely tourable.
• Exclusive zoom from 3° to 12°
• Onboard electronic PSU. Plug & play installation
• Hot restrike lamp for instantaneous re-ignition in case of power installation failure
• RDM and wireless DMX
• 4 lifting points integrated for vertical and horizontal handling
• Horizontal and vertical choppers for adjustable rectangular projection
• Fully closing iris cassette
• 6-way colour-changer,self-cancelling boomerang type
• Ergonomic handles for comfort, safety and practicality from any operating position
• Frost filter for quick soft edge beam effect
• RJ Eco Mode: reduction of power consumption when the followspot is in a stand-by mode
• Adjustable yoke for optimum overhead positioning
• Fade to Black DMX: optional DMX dimmer module accessory for optimum control direct from the console
• RJ Diagnostic System: for optimum operation capacities, providing feedback information locally and remotely
• Highly efficient multi-zone cooling of lamp house and oversized lamp holder heat-sinks for maximum reliability and durability
• 3 minutes automatic cooling down process when switching off the lamp for fast and easy packing